socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

After 14 years with my company a total of 300k in my 401kcan

Customer Question

Hello, after 14 years with my company a total of 300k in my 401kcan they take any or a some of the amount away, should I be fired?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing as yet. But they are planting sabotages and it's complicated. Can you please refer someone that's knowledgeable iclose to me. My zip is 91024. Thank you!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I work for Fortune 500.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 23 days ago.

All vested retirement funds deposited into an ERISA-qualified plan (e.g., 401(k)) are the employee's property. Nothing can be recovered by the employer, regardless of the reason for termination of employment. If you've worked at the employer for 14 years, then, your retirement is entirely vested.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I would like to speak with an expert ASAP! Can u please advise. Thank u!
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I've sent the offer. If you accept, I can send my contact info, and we can take the discussion offline.

Thanks again for using Justanswer.