Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

How much does it cost to answer a question, Ok would like to

Customer Question

How much does it cost to answer a question
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Ok would like to ask a question about FMLA
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: No
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Can you tell me a little about your situation? Also, it helps to know what state you're in, as there are some states that offer more protection than FMLA does.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am in PA and work for a municipality. I am on medical leave and am job hunting. While I could not find a dedicated FMLA policy for the city, the sick leave policy states that people on sick leave are to stay at home.If I secure an interview can my employer retailiate? If I accept the new position can my previous employer contact the new employer and inform them I am was on medical leave when I applied? Should I tell the people I am interviewing that I (on leave and can't start until a certain date? What can my previous employer do regarding any future job prospects and what legally can they say?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Forgot to add that I am between a rock and a hard place and my job is trying to fire me.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I've received a notification that there's an issue with your payment, but am happy to reply to all of this once that's ironed you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you respond to my question?

I'm afraid I'm not allowed to respond until the payment issue has been resolved. Please contact customer service, and then I'm happy to help you.