Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I have a question about a final warning write up I was put

Customer Question

I have a question about a final warning write up I was put on at work. I work as a cocktail server at a casino, and feel as though I am being targeted by managemnet. I have gotten several write ups and was never managed or warned proir to my write ups and also my coworker as well was having the same issue. We are two african American women who feel like we are getting discriminated against which is a long story of the events that lead up to us feeling this way. But first I'd like to ask if I am correct in addressing one of my write ups. I went to the HR manager and told her that I am being attacked by management and it whats not fair and she just kept taking up for management that is all. Not for the employee. On my final write up , it says that they way I asked a supervisor a question was viewed as rude and unprofessional and they said it wasnt the what I said but the way I said it. None of the managers witnessed this and the HR manager flat out said a supervisors word will be taken over an employee because of training. Come to find out this supervior was not actually a supervior yet, he was one level up from a regular employee. I told her I should not be put on a final write up because someone said i was being sarcastic when I was simply doing my job. I ask the so called "supervior," about my duties in that section and asked. "Did i miss any trash over here," and he said no. Then he told me that I was being very rude to him and that I was yelling when my managers know I am a shy person. I feel this is unfair and so wrong. Am I right in this?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

File today with EEOC and claim that there was race, sex, age discrimination and these acts are just a smokescreen and that you were singled out on that basis.If you get any further action you file retaliation here again with new EEOC complaint.You have rights here under the law.

You may consider an employment lawyer to sue employer on these violations of your rights as well.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also i have spoken to employees that have been there for 20+ years and never heard of someone getting some of the write ups i have been getting
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, youcan file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with us before you can file a job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. In addition, an individual, organization, or agency may file a charge on behalf of another person in order to protect theaggrieved person's identity. There are time limits for filing a charge

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Employment lawyer for you here

Call The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service at(###) ###-#### The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service handles ALL counties statewide, except for the City of St. Louis, St Louis County, and Springfield.

missouri lawyer referral service - Missouri Bar

I am not sure if you are unionized but if so send copy of EEOC to them as well.

You have rights here you need to get EEOC involved they are trying to fire you it appears.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best.