Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney
26296561

We had a employer promise us 4000 a month to move from Utah

Customer Question

We had a employer promise us 4000 a month to move from Utah to Oregon to work for them. I left a very stable and high paying job to come hear just to be told they can only give me 1200 a month. This has ruined me and my famity financialy and emotionally. We live where we work and are now dealing with strong emotional abuse, we are going back to Utah but we are now buried in debt and are not sure what we are going to do, do we have any recourse?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 28 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
I will be happy to answer your question.
Please note that any information is provided for educational purposes only!

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you have any type of a written employment contract with this employer?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No just verbal
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, without some type of written agreement which would guarantee employment and also the compensation, I am afraid that a verbal agreement would not be legally enforceable and unfortunately, there would not be any legal recourse in a similar situation.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!