Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

My question is involving a non-physical disability in the

Customer Question

My question is involving a non-physical disability in the workplace and the what my rights are as an employee if i was verbally released from duty without an accommodation.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was a full-time employee and union member
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, is there a timeframe by law that an employer has to reasonably accommodate the employee.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what is the requested accomodation? how long has it been?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The employer originally accommodated me for my disability but later decided they could not and verbally released me from work. The plan was to find another department because manager refuse to accommodate me after medical documentation was provided. It has been about 7 months now with no accommodation.
Within 30 days.
The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.