Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was offered a job i took the offer and after they did my

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I was offered a job i took the offer and after they did my back ground check they took the job offer back. A secretary from my previous employment made false accustations about me. I called the owner of the company, he was very upset at what she had done, he said he had no idea what she was talking about, he told me to give the company his number and he would clear things up, he even wrote me a letter of recommendation in hopes that it would help. But the company would no longer answer my calls or emails even after i faxed them the latter of recommendation explaining the lady was wrong and made false accusations. I would like to sue the secretary for false accusations put on me slandering my name and costing me my career
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no this all just recently happened
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that i have evidence that the secretary made false accustations especially with the owner agreeing with me
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of this job. I understand that you would like to sue, but as I trust you are aware this is an online question and answer site and we cannot actually represent you in a lawsuit. Did you have a specific question or questions regarding this situation? How can I help you?