Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Since the incident with my superentendant almost hitting me

Customer Question

Since the incident with my superentendant almost hitting me two times with big excavated in one day I reported it booth times the second time the main superentendant took us for drug test and made statements like I was just making it up and well there are no witness anyway after drug test he let my superentendant see my tests results and what medication I was on after that day my couti workers all of a sudden started making jokes about my medsi6ication and derogatory comments about me being on medication then the superentendant started coming out to job site and shaking all the workers hands everydAy at morning meeting and during day he also took everyone out to lunch all the time never shaking my hand or speaking to me then my medications came up missing from my lunch Paul and they just sit a around and stare at me all day operating my excavater they started shorting me on perdium and have made me an o6bject of reproach to the other workers do I have any recourse they are letting me go and the other company may not hire me now what can I do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulty.

Is this a State Job?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

Thank you. Apart from being hit with the excavator, why do you think you are being singled out and excluded?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok i was not hit with excavater but rather almost hit twice i have been harrassed and made fun of since the incedent and my job superentendant let my supervisor which was the other party involved see my drug test results and my medications. then the next day the entire crew knew. My lunch pail has been gone through on more than one occasion and my medications which are a controled substance was taken from me by someone at work and my girlfriend is now being harrassed by a guy on my crew now i asume he got my keys to my truck 0ut of my lunch pail
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
got into my truck and into my personel information and strarted trying to contact her the very next time it was shceduled for my perdium to go on my card it was shorted then again the next week

Thank you for the information.

If you are being singled out because of your race, age (40 and over), disability, or the like, you can file complaint with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC"). Click here for information on the complaint process. If you are not being harassed because of the aforementioned prohibited grounds, you may still have a claim against the employer in the form of Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. However, in order to prevail on a claim of Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, you need to show that (1) your boss acted intentionally or recklessly; (2) that your boss' actions were extreme and outrageous;(3) that your boss' actions were the cause (4) of your severe emotional distress, which would be evidenced by you going to doctors for medical treatment or seeking therapy. If you cannot prove all the four factors above, you would not prevail in your lawsuit for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.

You may use the sites below to try to find a local Attorney who handles employment cases to assist you with the case. This is a complex litigation. It is strongly suggested that you try to obtain an Attorney to assist you with the case.

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Best wishes,