Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I have a problem with the state of kansas back in2011 they

Customer Question

i have a problem with the state of kansas back in2011 they are saying they over paid me 3200 dollars now they say i owe the state of kansas 10,000 ,i live in texas cant work in my field till i get a new knee.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i was told that i sent a letter two years ago ive been home for two years have not seen a letter.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the letter that was quoited to me said that the wages tha i left in nebraska,north carolina, and virgina. since then i spent two winters in kansas thre months with c.b.i. an five maoths with betchel that was two years ago this last spring.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
At this point you need to use a lawyer to file an objection to their determination. KS is very tough to deal with and they will not just reduce the amount due. They have to prove that you actually were overpaid and if they refuse to provide the information and refuse to waive the overpayment, your only remaining recourse is filing suit in the state court against the state to show that they have improperly calculated the money due.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.