socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have a previous employee you has caused damage to my

Customer Question

I have a previous employee you has caused damage to my business by neglect of responsibilities he agreed to in our signed contract. Am I allowed to file suite against him or is free of this suite because he was technically an employee of mine? I live in Colorado.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 29 days ago.

In Colorado, employees have a duty of loyalty to act in the best interests of their employer. This is not the same thing as negligence, however in your circumstances, the result would be the same: damages for proof of the breach of duty. See Jet Courier Service, Inc. v. Mulei, 771 P.2d 486 (Colo. 1989).

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!