Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney
26296561

I was fired due to tardiness after a written warning. After

Customer Question

Hi, I was fired due to tardiness after a written warning. After doing my research I fall under the severe misconduct disqualification. My questions are since it states that you must find new employment and make 6 times your weakly income, does the "six times" weekly income from the new job or annual gross income? Do I have to be let go from the new job in order to qualify or can I obtain my unemployment benefits after I receive a new job and make 6 times the weekly income? Also, I already have another job that I am currently employed in and i have made an earning from for over a year now. Does this fit the criteria to obtain benefits from the part time employment I was fired from?
JA: Is there any reason to believe this to be retaliation, or based on race, religion, gender, national origin, being age 40 or older, or disability?
Customer: Hi, I was fired due to tardiness after a written warning. After doing my research I fall under the severe misconduct disqualification. My questions are since it states that you must find new employment and make 6 times your weakly income, does the "six times" weekly income from the new job or annual gross income? Do I have to be let go from the new job in order to qualify or can I obtain my unemployment benefits after I receive a new job and make 6 times the weekly income? Also, I already have another job that I am currently employed in and i have made an earning from for over a year now. Does this fit the criteria to obtain benefits from the part time employment I was fired from?
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, generally, someone who has been terminated / fire from the job / employment due to misconduct, would not be eligible to receive any type of unemployment benefits.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no, you can still receive benefits after penalization in certain situation i paid for details based on my circumstances not a general response.

JustAnswer.com professionals are not permitted to provide legal advice to JustAnswer.com customers and such was disclosed to you in a written disclaimer to which you have agreed before viewing my answer.

I suggest that you consult with local unemployment benefits attorney and I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you.

I wish you the best of luck!