Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

GM, I live in Florida worked for JetBlue for 16 years, was

Customer Question

GM, I live in Florida worked for JetBlue for 16 years, was suspended without pay and have been suspend for over 3 weeks with no other source of income.
JA: Is there any reason to believe this to be retaliation, or based on race, religion, gender, national origin, being age 40 or older, or disability?
Customer: they told me that i am under investigation but have not contacted me, i have been calling to get updates but they keep telling me that they don't have an update and they don't know how long it will take. Is there anything that I can do?
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: it is Full Time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was on vacation when i was called into the meeting, they told me that i will not be paid for my vacation but those are hours that i had worked for and was on vacation when this all took place
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: they said they were investigating me for abuse of the pass privileges but i have had the same significant other for the past 3 years ok
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 27 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
what are my rights as an employee and since I have been suspended can I apply for unemployment benefits?

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.