Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

The plant manager and another man whom I do not know were

Customer Question

the plant manager and another man whom I do not know were peeking in the stalls in the men's room looking for people sleeping. Who would I file a complaint with
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: virginia
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

This is a clear invasion of privacy which would allow you to have a cause of action in a lawsuit against your employer. Basically, you would need to sue the employer for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Outside of the court system, there is really no one else you can report the conduct to unless you want to file a police report. The police may or may not investigate the crime, but rather might consider a civil matter that you need to pursue privately. You should try contacting an employment attorney in your area who can look at the facts of your case and determine whether it is worth it or not to bring the case.

In addition, you may want to speak with the HR department about the invasion of privacy if you want to get the issue resolved without involving the legal system.