Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I filed a complaint against a manager at Walgreens for

Customer Question

I filed a complaint against a manager at Walgreens for throwing stuff at me and grabbing me. It's been over 2 months and I have not heard anything from them. Should I get a lawyer or is it something that I can do through EEOC. Please advise
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Were you grabbed in a sexual manner? What precisely are you seeking to accomplish? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He grabbed me by my arm. He also threw a stack of plastic crates at me. I just want Walgreens to that no one should be handled like that

Thank you.

Unfortunately this isn't something that the EEOC would handle as the EEOC only deals with harassment/abuse that relates to legally protected traits such as sex, race and religion--civil rights violations. You are describing assault. You can sue in small claims court to recover for any physical injuries you suffered, plus emotional distress. You can also followup on your complaint and submit a letter to corporate headquarters. Most employers are not at all tolerant of the sort of highly unacceptable conduct you have described and there is a good chance your manager will be disciplined if not terminate. These would typically be your options under the circumstances you have described.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Was there anything else I can do for you?