Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

A state representative has scheduled a public forum and has

Customer Question

A state representative has scheduled a public forum and has used my name to invite community members to attend this meeting with the purpose of attaching me. He has never met me or spoken to me. He is using information he gained from a Facebook page. I am a Family Advocate for a school district and work with attendance. The vast number of posts are from people I have never met. At first it was hoped that all the posts would die down and people find another issue. This last post by the state representative is extremely upsetting.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington state
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There have been no official complaints.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.
If he is inviting people on your behalf fraudulently then you could file for an injunction asking a judge to order him to stop. However any legal claim against him would be difficult to pursue since you put yourself out publicly on the facebook groups.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was not one Facebook. I do not do FB privately and I would never be on a public community site. The information was brought to my attention by the public information officer of our school district. The information the state representative has is from comments on a community FB page. To be fair and accurate the postings are from people who I have never met. The representative has not contacted me or the district to find out if the information is accurate. The superintendent called the legislators office, while I was in the room and explained that setting a public meeting without input from the person you are accusing or even talking to the district was unacceptable,

I see. In that case an injunction against his meeting is the most appropriate course of action.