Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I quit my job after management threatened me. I am an

Customer Question

I quit my job after management threatened me.
I am an Accountant. I discovered theft on one of the new divisions in Billings Montana. I proved it to Management. After first being praised, Management covered it up and told me I was wrong and I wasted 2 weeks and I would not get fired for making a mistake. I was written up and several false accusations were made during this meeting. Also, I was told guns were in the safe. And management was LDS. I was called a Feminist. I was told I'm just to embarrassed to admit I made a mistake. I was told I made a sexist comment to a male employee and a remark about subservient women. I was told I react to emotionally and it is unacceptable and I am causing a male employee emotional problems by picking on his work. I was then questioned if I could be trusted from that point forward. The meeting was tape recorded and after I quit I contacted HR and he is now denying that also HR refuses to give me a copy of the written notice I was forced to sign the day of the meeting. The working environment was unsafe to continue to work and I feared the next episode would harm my good reputation and my solid career path.
When I presented HR with my resignation letter, HR stated that my boss, Director of Finance had said "my work is excellent". I need an Attorney that represents the EMPLOYEE. I want to SUE this Company. I was forced to resign. There were way too many false accusations made against my integrity and have caused me a loss in earnings.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Utah
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will, full-time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
You may contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####