LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  30 years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I am experiencing blatant discrimination,lies,and just

Customer Question

I am experiencing blatant discrimination,lies,and just outright underlying racism at my job - even in 2016. I am 62 years old,and perform my duties faithfully and correctly. But what I've experienced these past few months,I have never imagined it would come my way- but, as life would have it- it raised its ugly head ,and made me realize that no matter how good I am or how well I do , makes no difference to those who are my so - called management,for lack of a better word. I have been a team player, but that doesn't matter. I feel pitted against against, by no fault of my own, my problem is, I'm not a yes man,and I'm sure that they would prefer that but I can't. I ask no more than a level playing field, but I've seen that it won't happen. I need your insight. Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon Ronnie,

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle employment discrimination law.

Federal law prohibits harassment and discrimination in the workplace and if it does occur, you do have a legal remedy.

Workplace harassment/discrimination is any unwelcome or unwanted conduct that denigrates or shows hostility or an aversion toward another person on the basis of any characteristic protected by law, which includes an individual's race, color, gender, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, disability, or marital status. A conduct is considered unwelcome if the employee did not solicit, instigate or provoke it, and the employee regards ***** ***** as undesirable or offensive.

You have every right to file a racial discrimination complaint with the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission). If your company has 15 or more employees, they are prohibited from discriminating against you. To file a complaint with the EEOC, contact the nearest Equal Employment Opportunity Commission field office. To be automatically connected with the nearest office, call(###) ###-#### EEOC website: www.eeoc.gov

Federal law specifically prohibits discrimination, based upon the Ethnicity, Color, Religion, National Origin, Age, Sex or Disability of an individual, with regard to hiring,promotion and firing.

After you file the complaint,your employer will be prohibited from any retaliatory action against you. The EEOC will investigate your claim, and 180 days after the filing of the complaint you may ask for a "right to sue letter". The EEOC will issue you the letter which gives you the right to institute a private civil action against your employer and seek monetary damages.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug