Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I worked for a small tree service business owner who only

I worked for a small tree service business owner who only has one other employee. He said we get paid per job that was completed. After completing the job he ended up going to jail and now that he is out he is supposed to pay me and the other employee but has refused to. I never filled out a w4 and now I'm worried that I won't get paid for all the hours I worked and I don't know how to prove I was there other than the other employee's word and my own. What should I do?

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file wage claim against the employer with Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. Click here to download the form.

Goodluck with your case.