Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I am a licensed General Contractor (Florida) considering

Customer Question

I am a licensed General Contractor (Florida) considering acting as a qualifying agent for a company (Florida since 2000). Currently it appears would only be a project manager but conversations dictate would have to be a licensed GC.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am primarily concerned with liability issues as the GC. would like to be able to go to specific statutes and review the issues.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Here are the general statutes regarding general contractors: www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0400-0499/0489/0489.html
Most general contractors operate under an LLC or corporation to try to limit their personal liability for projects. The LLC would protect the owner from personal liability and typically the GC carries liability insurance to cover themselves and the LLC from liability.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.