LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  30 years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I have a confidentiality agreement that i have listed my

Customer Question

hi i have a confidentiality agreement that i have listed my manufactures the process and production as confidential, would that keep my client from cutting me out as the middle man ?
Submitted: 1 month ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

No, the fact that you get the client to agree that the process and production of the products, as well as your list of manufacturers is confidential would not prevent the client from cutting you out in the future and working directly with the manufacturer. However, it would prevent the client from making the product themselves using the production process that they learn about by doing business with you.

You would have to change your contract to say that the client agrees not to deal directly with any of the manufacturers that you deal with in providing the products that you are selling to your client.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
could i just tag that on to the existing document? also could i make a similar one for the manufacturers ? would it be binding if they are in romania and i am in america?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

While you could draft the document yourself, I am not prepared to tell you that you will get it right. You need a solid contract, drafted by your business law attorney.

And yes, it would be binding on an out of country---but only to the extent that you would sue them in the US. Other countries may not have the same contract laws that the US does, and the same clause may not be binding in other countries.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how could i word this..... You would have to change your contract to say that the client agrees not to deal directly with any of the manufacturers that you deal with in providing the products that you are selling to your client.and to draft up a contract for the manufacturers is that something you could do , if so ,what do you charge for that?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I am prohibited from acting as your attorney, and drafting a contract would be just that. If you have a business that sells to customers overseas, or you buy from manufactures overseas, then you really MUST have a business law attorney for your business. This kind of business is entirely too complex and risky not to have an attorney for your company.

Your private attorney will have to draft your contract. I explained that you can accomplish your goals with a properly drafted contract, but I cannot draft it for you. I am sorry.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug