Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

2016 Contract Violation Psychotherapist - LMFT State of MN

Customer Question

Hello - 2016
Contract Violation
Psychotherapist - LMFT State of MN
RCC has yet to pay me for my work performed.
My mother passed March 26
I was early termed from my "Independent Contractor" contract this past June. The renewal/term was expected July 1.
We ( business owner JR) had previously discussed a sabbatical ...
strangely and suddenly - w/o reason or rational explained - I was asked via voice and text msg to remove my belongings and put the keys on the desk on June 3.
I vacated my office over that weekend.I requested an exit meeting for closure the following week - received no response.
I would like payment and closure - what are the merits of the situation- if I may request from your professional consultation - for me to be most aware of?Sincerely,
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your mother.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties at work.

You must be paid for work performed pursuant to your contract. If you are not paid and depending on the amount, you can file a Small Claim for recovery of your pay. You can file this complaint at your local Courthouse. You can obtain Small Claim forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,