Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I am a black woman and several of my coworker, them being of

Customer Question

i am a black woman and several of my coworker, them being of spanish and white call me a racist. This was said because i gave my opinion about an appreciation party that was supposed to be given by the mgrs. Instead of the mgrs do the appreciation party separately they decided yo add on a spanish american with it. i explained to them that it should have been on the appreciation party because this was promised over a year ago. They decided to add the spanish american to it. I explained to them that they label the party by add spanish american to and we could have started 2017 with an africia america day in feb,a russian day and a spanish day. Well, a few spanish women and 1 white wrote a letter to my mgrs calling me a racist. My mgrs were in room when i gave my opinion and knew what I was saying. I just need to know if I need to do something with this issue?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Mass
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: THE workers wrote a letter to the mgrs and the mgrs wants me to explain myself a little clear and i will not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

You can write a letter to your employer explaining to them in writing what you meant by your comments, just so that there is documentation clarifying what you said. But beyond this there is really nothing that you can do, and in fact it may be best to just do nothing at all and allow the situation to blow over rather than escalating.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Were you able to view my answer to your question?