Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Is there any way or chance of getting around the statutes of

Customer Question

is there any way or chance of getting around the statutes of liminations with respect to false claims act both federal false claims act an north Carolina false claim acts an for retaliation an wrongful termination for being an attempted whistler blower that is still currently being blacklisted an retailaited against by my former employer that was previously providing a hostile work place environment in which there is still defamantion of charther taking place to deny me new employment
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NORTH CAROLINA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I WAS A MEMBER OF A QUASI UNION KNOWN AAS A STATE EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION THAT WAS SUPPOSELY TO HAVE BEEN WORKING IN THE INSTREST OF ALL STATE EMPLOYEES BUT THEY FAILED TO DO SO IN MY OPINION
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THERE PROBABLY IS OTHER ISSUES BUT RIGHT AT THIS TIME THEY FAIL ME THANK YOU
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Statutes of limitations are deemed to be concrete bars to suit and will not be circumvented or ignored unless the party proves they were physically incapacitated or declared mentally incompetent and as such were incapable of filing suit within the statute of limitations.
Unfortunately, courts hold these statutes of limitations to be very strictly enforced so if you cannot prove some physical or mental incapacity that prevented you from suing, you could not circumvent the statute of limitations.
HOWEVER, if they are making known false statements against you to others STILL, then you can still file suit for them making known false statements, as that is defamation/slander/libel and you can sue from up to one year from the date of the false statement being made. So there is still a potential cause of action.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.