Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

I work at Macy's, I had took my co workers cell phone & used

Customer Question

I work at Macy's , I had took my co workers cell phone & used there card to buy food. Then Macys investigated it & I had paid what I had used & they told me I'm suspended & have to call hr to see what's the resolution will I still be employed or they going to let me go ? Also I was completely honest
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Unfortunately, there would be no way someone could tell you with certainty what someone else will ever do. We don't work for the Company or know what the Company knows about this issue or typically does in these cases. That said, it would be highly unusual for an employer to retain and employee in these circumstances. Someone that they perceive as a thief is not usually retained in any job, especially in a retail job.

But again, no way to say with certainty and you can only wait to see what they decide. Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 28th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based solely on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.