Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

I have an employee who came back to work after 12 weeks of

Customer Question

i have an employee who came back to work after 12 weeks of family leave, She requested to have off every Friday and the week-end off. We told her she could not have those hours and the next day she resigned. We accepted her resignation and 2 days later she said she wanted her job back. we don't want her back. Do I have to take her back?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Hampshire
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, ans I look forward to assisting you.
Assuming she is not subject to a written employment contract providing otherwise, you have no legal obligation to accept a revocation of resignation. Once the employee resigns it is completely discretionary whther you want to take her back. You have no legal obligation to do so.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your quedtion?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.
Thank you!
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!