Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I would like to protect myself from a solicitation of

Customer Question

I would like to protect myself from a solicitation of employee clause in my contract. Former employees from a previous company have asked me for a job without my solicitation. I would like to make sure I am protected.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MI
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was a partner in a medical group
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Paragraph reads: on termination of employment, employee shall not solicit or cause to be solicited other employees of employer to work for employee or any organization with which employee is affiliated without employers written consent, for a period of 2 years from the date of the termination of the employees employment.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to cover myself so that there is no possible interpretation of me being in violation of that clause since it was unsolicited that they asked me for a job.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your specific question?