LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  30 years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I worked in a hostile work environment until June 2016. I

Customer Question

I worked in a hostile work environment until June 2016. I hired an attorney and he sent my case to the eeoc at the end of June. I'm a teacher and was hired by a neighboring district and I am very happen in my new job. My former Assistant Principal was one of my references. Today, I got a notice that the district I used to work in sent me a certified letter. What could this be about? I have an uneasy feeling.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: It was a full time contract, ending in June, but no renewal rates are extremely low.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Why am I minimizing you?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh. I had cancer the year before and went out on disability. Some coworkers told me that he said I'd taken too much time off so he was "getting rid of me."
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As you are in litigation with the school district, and as they know that you are represented by an attorney, whatever you have been sent is almost certainly not related to the ongoing litigation.

However, aside from that, it could be as simple as the district recently calculated that you were entitled to additional wages that were not previously paid. There however, is really nothing to be concerned about. All aspects of your litigated claim are handled by your attorney in conjunction with the district's attorney. Any communication you receive from the district itself is likely just housekeeping/bookkeeping measures and unrelated to your claim.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug