Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I feel like I have been treated very harshly and wrongfully

Customer Question

I feel like I have been treated very harshly and wrongfully terminated from my employer Time Warner Cable / Charter
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Columbia, SC West Columbia, SC
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: will he call me?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What happened,and what can I answer for you in regards ***** ***** termination, please?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was terminated as of 10/10/16 for "Allowing An Agent To Access My Computer without being present"Prior to me being terminated a manager, and a supervisor have been terminated within 7 days of my termination, when HR was questioning me I asked what prompted the questions and they stated that someone brought this incident to their attention. The incident in question is about 1 of my agents who was a SME for over 6 months having limited access to a lot of systems therefore we would be obligated to get them access to perform their duties.
My peers have confided in me and i am aware that others have had policy infractions and were written up but not fired. I feel I have been treated harshly, and unfairly.
The security policy that I was termed for is frequently broken. Many of supervisors are not very savvy in the billing system so they will have an agent help with account corrections on their computers
I have been with the company for over 5 years and have never been wrote up for ANYTHING this is my 1st issue ever. My performance rating has been highly effective each year not to mention all of the extra duties i have initiated and lead (NAMIC Developing Leader Within Panel), (New Hire Menotrship Plan), being requested to be the 1st person of leadership all new hires meet 1st. I know i would be considered a high potential supervisor with unlimited potential. I don't think there is any justification as to why my punishment was so harsh.
I was told more than once to make sure that I did not share the issue with my direct manager, ultimately i had no one to advocate on my behalf,
Only 2 supervisors have been fired over the past 2 years for policy but those were integrity issues that involved them being aware that several team members were cheating and they all benefited financially from.
Since I have been terminated members of my team have seen others supervisors breaking the same policy I was terminated for but they are still employed.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. Do you believe that you were treated differently because you are a minority, female, 40 or older, etc? Or, this is not the case?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm a 29 year old black male
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Okay. Do you believe that because you are Black that the company was harsher in their punishment against you than other employees?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I dont have $59, are you able to assist or not?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
You may be referring to the call feature the site offers. This is not me, but the website that offers this. (Had you requested a call, another expert would have called you - the site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully decline.)
My last question to you was: "Okay. Do you believe that because you are Black that the company was harsher in their punishment against you than other employees?"
Can you please reply? Thanks in advance!