Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm writing for a Co worker she came to work as an RN

Customer Question

I'm writing for a Co worker she came to work as an RN informing the clinical manager she works as a Sunday School Teacher at her church holds classes in morning and evening so she can work Saturdays not Sunday. In HCA Coporation a weekend is a Saturday or a SundaY. Now our hospital is no longer hiring contract nurses it costs then 1 million a month. So now they don't have the staff for Sunday to float a nurse. After two years of working every Saturday they want me to work Sundays every other when needed to fill in staff.
Unfortunately, this started after it got back to the Manager how things have changed in the schedges with new management things were better with the other management. She was called in for this remark and subsequently placed to work Sundays when she has been off for 2 years.
I'm am filling in for her when they schedule so she can teach her Sunday students.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Darla is anRN who works in the hospital for 2 years being given every Sunday off because she teaches Sunday School at her church. This was a verbal agreement she was given when she started and she agreed to work every Saturday instead.
Now there is a new Clinical Manager has decided to change her schedule to where she needs to work Sundays if staff is short this interferes with her religious obligation to her church and Bishop
My question is can this be a religious claim vs her employer....

Thank you for the information.

Your Question:

My question is can this be a religious claim vs her employer...

Response: Yes, it could be since she had a prior arrangement with the previous management and the current schedule unduly interferes with her religious obligation. She can file discrimination complaint with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or Texas Workforce Commission.