How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 111450
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Has been working as a union plumber but is not getting paid,

Customer Question

has been working as a union plumber but is not getting paid
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are in a union contract have you filed a grievance with your union yet? If so what has your union stated?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm pretty sure he did..The union doesn't seem to want to help him.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm calling for my son. He is really afraid o pissing off the union which is nt helping him.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he filed a grievance/ so tey say they have to cut him another check. so he still isn't getting paid
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your reply.
He has to file a grievance with his union, those are his rights and he needs to avail himself of those rights. If the union is pursuing the grievance and he has not received his check he needs to ask again. If he is not getting his check and the union is not getting his payment in a reasonable time for what they owe him under contract, then he would need to file a complaint for unfair labor practice with the state labor board as that would be his only recourse if the union will not back him up.