Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

Employee Discrimination Last Tuesday, I was pulled aside by

Customer Question

Employee Discrimination
Last Tuesday, I was pulled aside by my boss (Head of HR) and informed my coworker and I were no longer allowed a morning and afternoon break. When I asked the situation, I was told that she (my boss,HR) had never worked at a company that allowed indirect office personal to have breaks. No other indirect office personnel has been given this rule minus myself and 1 other coworker out of the 20 or so office employees.
Since the meeting last Tuesday, my boss(HR) has been bad mouthing me to fellow co workers.
Giving me dirty looks every time we pass each other.
Otherwise making me very uncomfortable to work.
She is also Accusing me behind my back to fellow workers of having an angry tangent when informed of "New Rule". Which never happened. I simply asked why only 2 of us had the new rule, in which she flew off the handle so I politely excused myself from her office to stop further issues.
Today, I came to work and was informed I had been selected for a "Random" drug test. There is no cause of suspicion for this "random". I have in no way been under the influence, accused, acted out ect that would result in the need other than the fact that since last week my boss as intentionally been singling me out. No other person in this building was tested. Also HR has no program full of employee names to give a legit random selection, they simply called the place and had the guy show up specifically for me.
I am nervous the next move of my boss to attempt to fire me or get me to quit.
I have worked for my employer for 10 years without having any filed disciplinary action against me, not even a write up.
I feel my boss is out to get me. And I fear for my job if she keeps this up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello. Look forward to hearing back from you soon

Have you considered having a local lawyer speak to HR to demand such harassment stop. Any discrimination or retaliation would be actionable. Company has to adhere to policy and not discriminate in treatment of employees.