Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I may have been accused of harassment. What are my options?

Customer Question

I may have been accused of sexual harassment. What are my options?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I think so.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Reported. They said there was an investigation.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response.

I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question. Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for "just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think there's an ulterior motive to this investigation?