Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney
11182422

In South Carolina, if you test positive is there suppose to

Customer Question

In South Carolina,
if you test positive is there suppose to have a another test within 30 min?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 month ago.

Good day, my name is Brandon. When you say "test positive", do you mean for drugs/alcohol?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Drugs

Thank you. Would this relate to employee testing for a private employer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is a private employer

There are two types of employers: public employers and private employers. Public employers are government employers -- like a local, state, or federal government. Private employers are non-governmental entities.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Private employers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

It looks like you're requesting telephone services. Is that the case?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if you can
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If not that's ok

I'm now in a place where I could take a call. Before I do, however, I would like to hopefully save you some money by letting you know the direction I am leaning. I will be straightforward. Generally speaking, with a private employer, there is no obligation to allow the employee a second test 30 minutes after the first. IF there is a contractual agreement or a company policy requiring a second test, then the answer would be different, but normally, the employer doesn't have to give a second test. If you still feel that you would benefit from a phone call, let me know, but that's my straightforward answer to the original question.

I am offering the premium service now. If you no longer feel it is necessary, please feel free to leave a rating (it is how I am credited for answering). thanks.