Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

My wife is a retired member of the carpenter's union of Las

Customer Question

My wife is a retired member of the carpenter's union of Las Vegas they merged with the southern California carpenters conference las vegas says she us out if there jurisdiction but California says she can not work fir a constuction company and has held her money for three years now she is no longer working and they want to hold her money for another 12 months she is not in there working jurisdiction or their respective trade
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If she is not working in the trade or industry then the union pension has to be reinstated. The union, under the union protectionism clause, has a right to stop pension payments for as long as the retiree works in the trade protected by the union no matter where they work. Upon retirement and proof they are no longer working in the trade, the pension must be reinstated in accordance with the terms in her pension plan description. So she needs to review her pension plan description to see when the pension payments must be reinstated.