Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was off from my last job 3 days before my first year. I

Customer Question

I was laid off from my last job 3 days before my first year. I had about 71 hours of pto time that they didn't give me because they said it was there policy. But they also have a policy that says you cant take any more time after 40 yours in your first year. So I feel like I was cheated out of my earned hours. can anything be done to get that money.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I'm not sure I was fulltime and it may have been at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Did they not give you ANY hours, or only 40 hours?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!