Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

July 5 2013 I was fired by City of Jacksonville Arkansas. I

Customer Question

July 5 2013 I was fired by City of Jacksonville Arkansas. I filed an appeal with the civil service commission and was reinstated. The city refused to abide by this decision. Anyway, after 3 plus years of it being dragged thru the county circuit court system I finally got a decision from the circuit court ordering the city to to comply by the civil service decision. The order was written as her FINAL decision with final highlighted. The city filed a request for reconsideration, which they had done previously on the courts decision causing the case to drag out this long. Now my lawyer advises me that a hearing has been set for December. My questions are: Does a final circuit court hearing not mean final and should only be appealed to a higher court? Should I find a new attorney? During this process my lawyer has missed response deadlines as has the city attorney. After the first few months he has now longer charged me, planning on having attorney fees paid by city in final settlement. During the last couple of years we have discovered our attorney has a drug addiction problem. Is this legal process being dragged out over 3 years a norm or is my attorney harming my case? What are my obligations to my current attorney if I do hire a new one?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Maverick. Thank you very much for reviewing my question.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Scott, there are a number of issues that need to be vetted here and it may be helpful for us to do a phone call option which is a premium service. The cost is $59.00. Please read the disclaimer below and look for and accept my offer if you wish to continue.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.