MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

Can a contractor withhold payment until trying to force sub

Customer Question

can a contractor withhold payment until trying to force sub contractor to hiring addition employees that the sub contractor doesn't feel is needed at this time
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 7 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is no. The general contractor cannot withhold payment on the job. You can file a lien on the property if the general contractor is withholding payment.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.