Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.

My question is for my good friend who she believed she was

Customer Question

Hello, my question is for my good friend who she believed she was unjustly fired for, the reason they gave was helping an employee complete a training assignment on line. She worked for the company 12 yrs, I also worked for th m for 13 years but I saw bad things coming and changing and gave a months notice and left even though I did not want to. We were both store managers here in manhattan. The biggest reason I am calling is because the company which I will tell you if you wish is being sued by ex ployees for racial profiling certain races, her name was mentioned by the ex disgruntal security as to one of many that told them to watch or use negative racial comments. It just so happened she was fired a week after I left . So she has been told she must testify and be involved to help this pharmacy company not lose. They have a
Pointed her a company lawyer of for "her" protection , which I find hard to believe. She has been working for a new company for approx a year now. My question what is she Required to do
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

If she is subpoenaed then she must appear and testify or be subject to being held in contempt of court. If they are just asking her to appear and testify without a court order then she can decline.