Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.
7286322

I was accused of something for a business I work for. They

I was accused of something for a business I work for. They didn't fire me but he said he has nowhere I can work at right now. I work as a Security guard and the place I was working at told my boss I can no longer work at that location because of an incident that took place and no criminal evidence has been found to support the blame that has been placed on me. I currently have nowhere to work because of this incident and I feel I have been wrongfully accused of something I did not do. All I want is justice.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. So what is your position now - are you on unpaid leave? Or, what exactly?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I was on unpaid leave for a week. Now my employer wants me to go work at a different location he has a contract with that's further away And I will be getting paid Less. He agreed over a year ago what I would make an hour but now he can make it less? Not to mention the emotional distress of being accused of something I didn't do with no evidence that I did it. I feel like the pay cut and the further distance of miles I have to drive is his way of saying "I hope you quit" I guess I've already been branded as something I'm not and this is his retaliation.

Thank you. You state: "He agreed over a year ago what I would make an hour..."
-Was this in writing?
-Does it guarantee an amount any time you work for them, or, only for a certain job or to a certain date and it is past that?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
During the job interview I agreed to the figure/ amount. It's been on my pay stubs for over a year now. The problem is now he wants to pay me less after blaming me for something I did with no evidence. The last day I worked for him was on the 15th of October 2016. This is really causing a lot of stress not to mention I can't even afford to eat because I got blamed for something I did not do with no evidence.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He has been sued by his employees before for unpaid wages. He was forced to pay them all.
Thank you. On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times.
An employer generally has the right to terminate or place an employee per diem or on different sites FOR ANY REASON.
The only reasons they cannot do this for are:
-PUBLIC POLICY (discrimination based on race, religion, creed, etc; or, a retaliatory termination due to a claim made by an employee); or
-CONTRACT POLICY (if one has a contract that disallows such a termination)
-COVENANT OF GOOD FAITH (example is firing an employee to avoid paying a benefit, for example)
Otherwise, an employer can do this for any reason, without notice. It can be based on a mistaken rumor, or, just the fact that they do not like your shoes one day. So they are limiting your job to non-choice locations and options. Unless a contract guarantees you work and a certain wage in writing, they can do this.
You will hear "right to work" a lot. However, that does not mean what people think it means. All this means is that at time of being employed, the employee has a choice whether or not to join a union as a condition of employment.
You CAN sue him for any unpaid wages. However that does not factor into your current matter.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.