legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

Can a principal continuously verbally harass a teacher and

Customer Question

Can a principal continuously verbally harass a teacher and then move teacher from one grade level to another after 10 weeks of school without any data or explanation?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: The employment is union, full-time. The teacher is the vice president of the union, and teachers have submitted complaints against the principal. The teacher has had to address the other teachers' concerns. The principal feels the teacher in question has too much power.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This teacher has 28 years of service and great evaluations, no negative evaluation. This new principal has chose this teacher to goat.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 days ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What does the union contract say about this? Anything?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The principal was reported to the union several times due to unprofessional behavior as stated by some teachers on staff. Because the teacher in question is the union rep ( and my sister), she has to investigate and address all teacher concerns without bias. The principal does not like my sister addressing the teacher concerns about her. My sister and principal are Black. The principal "de-sistered" my sister because she feels my sister should not address concerns because they both are Black and she should have her back. My sister does her job regardless of race. Since my sister (union rep) refuses to pick and choose her union cases, the principal has singled her out and constantly makes bias remarks about her. My sister is never late to work, writes exemplary lesson plans, delivers exemplary lessons, and supports any school initiatives. Over 28 years she has been evaluated with great remarks. Now all of a concern, principal is finding little things to stress her. She has been to doctor due to duress.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 days ago.

Thank you.
And your specific question please? Would it help to talk on the phone? I send the offer for $10 additional fee

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The principal does not like the fact that the teachers respect my sister's position as union rep. I can talk on phone in about 30 minutes.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 days ago.

I sent the offer...if you accept the offer I can provide my #.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 days ago. have not accepted the phone call offer...not sure what your plan on this is, but I need to take another call...I do not time calls (so they can last an hour or more in some cases)...I will check back here when I finish to see if you have accepted the phone call offer.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 days ago.

Seems your payment can contact customer service at

and they can help

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let us continue online. Ask me any clarification questions.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 days ago.

Good afternoon. I see that your previous expert has opted out, so I am offering to lend a hand here. I have several clarification questions. First, do you have a pecific legal question to ask? Your sister sounds like a person who can take care of herself, especially in the position of union representative, is she taking any action on her own to rectify the situation?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
She wants a cease and desist letter sent to principal to stop verbal harassment. She has other teachers that can verify the principal's behavior
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 days ago.

For a C & D letter, no one here can do that for her. She will need a practicing attorney in Georgia.

Expert:  legalgems replied 3 days ago.

Thank you for your question; I see that you are looking for a template for a cease and desist letter. That is below. It is best to send via certified mail, return receipt requested.

Dear _________,

This letter is being sent as part of an attempt to stop certain activities by you that have caused concern. Most specifically, I feel that you have engaged in the following activities, which have caused great distress:

Accordingly, this is a demand that the recipient of this letter immediately CEASE AND DESIST the above activities. If the above actions continue, I may be forced to pursue my civil remedies by filing suit for discrimination, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and punitive damages, along with a request for attorney fees and court costs and any other remedies the court feels appropriate to award.

Additionally, many attorneys will prepare a cease and desist for a fixed fee, as they tend to have more effect if sent by an attorney, although they can still be heeded by the recipient if sent by the individual.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 hour ago.

Checking in on the above? Please let me know if you need any further information; hopefully they will comply with the cease and desist. thank you!