Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am a salesman in the grocery industry and have been layed

Customer Question

I am a salesman in the grocery industry and have been layed off 3 times since 1991 I am currently66 years old. I know that with at will laws it's difficult to contest these things But at least 1 termination was due to my age. None were related to sales performance I think the age related termination mightbe proved to be a class actionin DiscoveryWhile the company wasa clever in hiding the real reasons with some BS
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: No H.R. was the one hiding the evidence of age discrimination. FYI, there was a pevious class brought for diferent reasons and the company lost.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: WHAT EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'M REALLY pO'D tHE COMPANY THAT LET ME GO IN 1991 NETTED OVER $5,000,000 FROM MY SALES
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the information, I apologize for the confusion with the Site's automated greeting system. You now have a live legal expert. Can you please tell me what your legal question is? Also, just for clarification, are you referencing something that happened in 1991?