Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My sister took FMLA act leave for a month for mental health

Customer Question

My sister took FMLA act leave for a month for mental health issues, now they company told her to find another job. Manager is trying to force her out. Is there anything she can do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the information and your question, however, I will need a bit more information in order to assist you. Can you be more specific about what they meant by "find another job?" Where, at the Company or did they terminate her? Did they tell her that her position had been eliminated or why she had to find another job? Has she spoken to HR and, if so, what specifically did they tell her?

Hello again,

I see where you read my request for more information, but not where you responded. If you did attempt to respond, it did not come through. If you still need assistance, then once you respond with that information, I can provide you with an answer. If you no longer need assistance, you can contact the Site's customer service department for a refund of any deposit you might have left with them.