Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My father has copd, a chronic illness and is retired.

My father has copd, a chronic illness and is retired. Recently he had a flair up and was hospitalized for 5 days. He became acutely confused I had to go help my mom care for him after discharge. His doctor won't fill out my fmla forms. Both federal or state. My state (new jersey) requires the forms to be filed within 30 days of the first date missed for claim Eligibility. What Legal recourse do i have to get this doctor to do the forms? It's causing a financial hardship. Not to mention that because of her failure to treat and or recognize my dad's copd flair up he suffered a heart attack and a small stroke and lost part of his vision.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, your recourse would to either file lawsuit against the doctor in Alabama and ask the Court to order the doctor to do her job or report the doctor to the Board. Click here for the complaint process.

Goodluck with your case,