attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years in Employment Law

I was recently offered a job via offer letter and asked to

Customer Question

I was recently offered a job via offer letter and asked to submit to a background check. The employer used beenverified, which is not regulated by the Fair Credit Act, and an old, expunged record appeared. I provided paperwork showing the expungement and she told me she had to ask the board attorney. She allowed me to start the next day stating that she was not legally supposed to have seen this. She did not provide me any orientation, direction, training, guidance or feedback the entirety of the time I was there, and actually avoided me with purpose. On my 7th day, she fired me citing that I was not a fit and I wasn't taking the reins, etc., but I had no directives or tools to do the job I was hired for. She called in payroll two days prior and my check was for the full amount through that day, unbeknownst to me. With not even a five minute meeting and no disciplinary steps or feedback to indicate that I was doing anything wrong, I believe she only let me start to avoid a lawsuit after illegally obtaining my background check, but had no intention of allowing me to work there. I'm the one who told her about beenverified and I think it embarrassed and upset her. What can I do?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  attyadvisor replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

If this is in fact why you were, and based on what you are telling me that clearly seems to be the case, you have an action against the employer. This falls under unfair business practices and discrimination. Have you filed anything with the State yet? Where are are you located in Texas?

Expert:  attyadvisor replied 10 days ago.

This is the link to file a complaint with the United States Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

This is a link for Attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations and deal with FRAUD

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration.

My apologies the wrong links posted to your question due to a system glitch. I have requested that the incorrect links be removed. Please give me a few moments to provide the correct information.

Expert:  attyadvisor replied 9 days ago.

Again please accept my apology for providing the wrong links we have had a glitch where we are in one question and our post response ends up on another question. The site has been working on the glitch.