Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

What happen if an employer doesn't respond back to Eeoc

Customer Question

What happen if an employer doesn't respond back to Eeoc after 30-45 days of them reaching out ???What to expect if the employer does what's next stepsTo catch u up I use to work for Dunkin and they fired me saying I stole 7 dollars when in fact the manager who did was gay and sending me sexual things on face. Book and over working me not paying for over time so I sued them and won and they ended up closing there business and scaling to another company and I applied for a position with them and they told me I got job but when Zack who was the manager who fired me figure out I worked there they told me I don't got job anymore so I put defamation of charter as well as sexually harassment they fired me in 2014 and I applied with new company in 2016
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
The The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.If its letter is ignored it can side with the employee and issue a right to sue letter.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Other options. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If Employer is being tough what other methods can I try
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What would be the losses suffered what is a amount I can estimate this is worth the salary for area manager was 40k yearly
The agency, court action and having a lawyer handle are good options if employer is unreasonable. One year of wages is a good measure of that damage. Kindly rate me five stars.