Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

If a person is terminated by an employer are they required

Customer Question

If a person is terminated by an employer are they required under federal law to offer cobra insurance protection?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nevada
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: i was full time atwill
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: may have more not sure until I get an answer
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

If the employer has a group health insurance plan with at least 20 employees on it, and if the employee was terminated for reasons other than "gross misconduct," the employer must offer continuation of coverage under COBRA.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.