Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I recently quit my job at the local hospital. I felt I was

Customer Question

I recently quit my job at the local hospital. I felt I was having mind games played on me since the end of March. A coworker the day before my hand surgery stated "Im going to take your job." I was too scared at the time to do anything. I returned to work in 3 weekd unable to make a fist and in pain because I felt I need to defend my job. I later reported the incident to my manager who I feel may have put her up to it. Leading up to June important papers would be missing. The current manger was demoted and a new manger put in her position. I tried to support the new manger and the old manger would say mean things about me and the new manger behind my back. I reported the incidents to the head of the company and was told my identity would be kept a secret in 3 days she knew. I heard the other coworkers say. She's a "traitor." I became very anxious and unable to work, crying every day. I took off two weeks and tried to return to work. I worked in July but kept hearing her putting me down. My BP got high and my migraines increased. An MRI of the brain was done which showed a clot. My primary doctor left a message on the answering machine saying I had the clot and my condition was urgent not an emergency. I fought to get into a neurologist and did get an appt. because one was available due to a cancellation. The neurologist didn't seem to know why I was there for my visit and left for 15 mins. to talk with the radiologist to discuss the MRI. No followup visit was mentioned when I asked the receptionist. When the neurologist called she didn't give me all my test results I had to get some of the results from my primary Dr. I tried to get an appt. .with another neurologist in the group but was told both Dr's would need to talk and agree upon it before it could be done. I later called back and was unable to get an appt. with either Dr. The initial neurologist did sign me back into work without seeing me. The company did say if she signed it is "ok." My MRV test done after the MRI showed no clot just a narrow area. I was on blood thinners a couple of days when this test was done. I asked for a return to work form to be sent to our public priner and human resources. The human resource person called and stated she received a paper from cigna insurance. The paper stated Major depressive disorder. There was no mention of the blood clot. It was filled out by my primary Dr not the neurologist. I ran downstairs to see if the paper printed to the public printer and like a dummy stated softly to my boss "Thank God that other paper said major depressive disorder." A coworker heard this comment and has spread that I lied about the clot. Also a staged incident with two workers saying I lied about comments made to the head boss. I spoke to him. Not true. I quit.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I don't want this all to be seen by the public.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not with a lawyer. Can this be kept private. I don't want it on a public site.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: will this be on a public site
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

I am very sorry to hear this; what is your legal question please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The office faxing the wrong paper stating major depressive disorder is that a Hippa breach or the fact that I stated it make it null and void?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am unemployed and can't pay anymore.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I feel no question has been answered. I thank you for your time but request a refund and to not be listed on your public site.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

thank you for that clarification; I was not certain if you were interested in that or harassment issues. A Hippa violation occurs when a medical provider releases information without proper authorization.

The provider can suffer criminal and civil penalties if a complaint is filed. Please see here.

Were you no longer interested in receiving information? I was still preparing a response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is $59 the total cost or in addition to the first charge?
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

I would need to have to ask you to contact customer service as I don't have access to your account information (I am an individual contributor).

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us