Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

West workforce called me today. My case with them had been

Customer Question

West Virginia workforce called me today. My case with them had been closed since March 2016. They are wanting a statement from me about what I told them I was making to what my old job states I was making. I left the job back in November 2015. I went and tried to unemployment but I was denied because I left for the fact they had put me back on the production line and I had been with the company for 10 1/2 years when this happened. I had moved my self up to the maintenance department in 2007. They moved me over to assist the HSE manager in January 2015 and then told me in October 2015 that I was going to put back on the production line due to the position they offered me in January no longer existed. I tried the production line for 2 weeks and the day I quit I could hardly move I hurt all over. So what my question is why would WV Workforce be calling me know over my pay per hour?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It seems that perhaps the employer may have been misrepresenting your wages. Since you were denied unemployment, it is not based on you committing fraud, it seems like they are going to investigate your former employer regarding the discrepancy in what you said you made and what your employer said you were making.