Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I work for a school district. Can they fire you with out

Customer Question

I work for a school district. Can they fire you with out cause. Even if the employee is an union employee
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: a full time employee
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the employee is a union employee, then the employee has to be terminated in accordance with the terms of the union contract. A government employee or union employee has a property interest in their job and the employer must have some good cause to terminate the employee. If the employee is under a contract for employment, such as a teacher, then the school needs no good cause to refuse to renew the contract, but once the contract is signed the school needs good cause to terminate during mid contract.