Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have denied one week of unemployment compensation by

Customer Question

Hello, I have denied one week of unemployment compensation by answering the questionaire that I am working. This was in June. Though I denied compensation claiming that I was working, I was actually only working part time. I was in fact legible to be compensated. Following that weeks I was working the regular part time job and received compensation. Now they are saying that I quitted and have to repay.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes everything was reported
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is basically it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also the week I denied compensation was due to a mistake on answering the questions, which I did not mean. Otherwise, I was eligible to be compensated for that week since I worked about 18 hours in that week and earned income which was within the allowable part time earning.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the information, however, I am unclear on what your question is. Also, what does the "quit" issue have to do with the one week of compensation in a part time job issue? Please discuss how they are related? What job does the State say you quit, your original job that you are receiving UI benefits for, or this part time job? Did you quit either and, if not, why would the State believe you did? Have you appealed the State's demand for repayment?