Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

After months of not getting paid on time and 6 months

Customer Question

After months of not getting paid on time and 6 months waiting on the reimbursement for $2000 of cash receipts. I quit the co. I was driving for and started with another company. A month after I quit the first company my employer contacted the previous employer about some paperwork and was informed that I had refused a random drug test. This was the first time that I had heard anything about it. In looking back at the inefficiency and the time that I spent waiting for my paycheck and reimbursements. I've concluded that if it's true that there was a pending random drug test for me my previous employer probably didn't remember it until after i had resigned and moved on. Possibly not until the phone call a month later. Please how do I handle this situation?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You should send a demand letter for the amount that is owed to you for the work you did as well as the reimbursement.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.